Those involved in the maintenance and socketing of wire ropes.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with a thorough grounding of the legal requirements and safe working practices pertaining to resin socketing of wire ropes and to teach them the practical skills involved.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise various socketing applications.
- Select the tools and equipment required for socketing.
- Carry out preparation successfully.
- Make suitable measurements.
- Select a suitable socket for the job.
- Mix resin
- Carry out resin socketing using approved methods and procedures.
- Legal Requirements. A reference to all the legal documents underlining relevant responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Socketing Applications. An explanation of various relevant socketing applications. Factors influencing choice, assessing the operation and socket selection.
- Socketing methods & procedures. Including preparation, measurements, serving etc.
- Mixing and pouring of Resin.
- Socketing practices with ongoing assessment.
Qualifications/Experience of Trainers
The course is presented by fully qualified, multi-skilled engineers and technicians all of whom have many years experience of wire rope production and maintenance.
The course focuses on customers’ specific requirements i.e. Type of wire rope to be socketed and experience of trainees attending. Trainers employ the practical methods of instruction, explanation, demonstration, imitation and practice with ongoing assessment leading to certification on successful completion.
Please advise type, construction and size of wire rope/strand used, if known, prior to booking.